Adapted from Pioneer Woman
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 450g gluten-free penne
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced (season with salt and pepper)
- 1 bag of spinach
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Mixed Herb Seasoning (dont’ worry if you don’t have it, you can use any type of herbs that you want)
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make:
- Cook the pasta according to the package (add salt to season the pasta and oil so that the pasta won’t stick)
- Slice the chicken breast into strips (to your own liking) and season with salt, pepper, mixed herb seasoning.
- Heat a frying pan and add butter and olive oil at high heat. Cook the chicken strips piece by piece and leave it aside.
- In the same pan, lower the heat to medium and add in the minced garlic for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and allow to reduce to about a half.
- At this point, add in the spinach and allow to wilt.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken and the pasta.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- Taste and season with pepper, more herb seasoning and salt (we didn’t add extra salt). Add any extra cheese, spinach or anything else that you want to enhance the flavours of the pasta. (We added a lot more cheese since we felt that it wasn’t salty enough and we love cheese. But its all up to you).
- Turn off the heat. (Note: if you still some chicken broth, don’t worry because the pasta will slowly absorb it all.)
- Serve with extra Parmesan cheese.
Zoe & Mia