Nothing beats a warm bowl of curry with fluffy rice, especially a Japanese curry which is perfect for any occasion. Being someone who loves to cook and eat, most of my happy memories are related with food. Food makes me happy in general.
As I grew up eating japanese curry meant a special occasion. We didn’t get to eat this often. Having this for dinner would be reason for us 3 sisters to jump around excitedly and celebrate. This is a simple, lovely, warm curry that is perfect for a family dinner.
- 5 large potatoes, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 200ml coconut milk
- 4 Japanese curry sticks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup boiling water
- Beef Muscle
- 4 slices ginger
- 1 tbsp salt
- Place salt, ginger, beef and just enough water to cover in a saucepan.
- Bring pot to boil and then lower to simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender. Set aside.
- Fry potatoes and carrots till tender/brown in oil over medium heat.
- Heat pan, add in garlic, then onion. Stir fry.
- Add in carrots and potatoes. Mix
- Add in the cooked beef.
- Then add in 1 cup water.
- Then mix in coconut milk. Serve immediately.
– Beef mince can be used if under time pressure. Marinade beef mince with 1 tsp of sugar, cornstarch, light soy and dark soy. Add it in when stirfrying onions and garlic.
– Beef brisket can be used as well but boiling will take less time – approx 30 minutes.