Adapted from RaspberriCupcakes
Ingredients – Makes approximately 6 dozen
- 200g Salted butter, 80g unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup Caster sugar
- 1 Large Egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 120g Dark Chocolate chips, finely chopped (I blitzed it in a food processor until fine, not powdered)
How to Make:
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt and bicarb.
- In another bowl, beat together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Beat in the dry ingredients (ours looked powdery but don’t worry it’ll come together when you knead it later).
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cocoa nibs.
- Now use your hands to knead into 4 separate logs (each around 5cm in diameter).
- Wrap in plastic wrap and fridge for at least 30 minutes. (can fridge up to a week or freeze up to a month).
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut thinly into 3mm thick rounds using a sharp knife. Space them out and bake for 15-20 minutes. It shouldn’t really be browned.
- Cool for minutes before moving
Note: Ours were uneven in size and thickness but it doesn’t matter as long as they don’t burn. They taste good whether they are thick or thin. Thicker its chewier and thinner its crisper. Both tastes delicious!