Adapted from ZenCanCook
Ingredient – Serves 12
Green Curry Paste:
- 2 tsp Shrimp Paste (we added 1 extra tsp)
- 2 tbsp lemongrass (we used 7 stalks), white only, finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp galangal, sliced into small pieces
- 1 big onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 -2 tsp sugar
- 4 Kaffir Lime leaves, chopped (we added 2 extra)
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 3 cups Coriander leaves (2 big bunches)
- 1/2 cup Coriander stalks, chopped
- 7 medium Green chillis, finely chopped
- 3 small Green chillis, finely chopped (more chillis next time)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Ib chicken (use thigh meat) – we used 12 chicken drumsticks
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Juice of 4 limes
- 3 x 400ml coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock/broth
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce (we added an extra 1-2 tbsp to season the curry instead of salt) – Use Gluten Free
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 large asian eggplant, sliced into matchsticks (maybe slightly more eggplant next time)
- 2 tbsp ginger, sliced extremely finely (or else there will be a mouthful of spicy ginger)
- Thai basil
How to Make:
- Blitz all the ingredients for the paste together until mixed (mine didn’t exactly form a paste).
- Heat oil in a wok. Add peppers, eggplant, onion and ginger. Fry for a couple minutes.
- Add in all the paste. Fry until fragrant.
- Add lime leaves, coconut milk and broth and allow to come up to simmer.
- Put in chicken and cover to cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in fish sauce, basil and lime juice to taste.
- Allow to cook for a little longer. Serve immediately with rice.
Zoe & Mia