Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Ingredients – Makes 28 large cookies
- 1 1/4 cup AP flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 310g peanut butter (170g creamy peanut butter and 140g melted peanut butter chips – our secret method!)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (medium egg with a large yolk)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Chip (can add more according to preference)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup peanut butter chips or salted peanuts (we didn’t add this)
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, soda, powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter together until fluffy.
- Beat in the sugar. Add egg. Next add in milk and vanilla.
- Fold in the dry ingredients (flour mixture).
- Stir in the chips.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. (depending on the size of the cookie)
- Allow it to cool on the baking sheet for at least 1 minute (the cookies are still cooking) before moving them into a plate to cool.
Zoe & Mia