Adapted from another blog
Ingredients -Makes 2 dozen Large OR 34 Medium Sized
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup butter (170g) ~ TIP: is for the butter to be half melty
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup -3/4 cup sugar for rolling
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add in the molasses and egg and beat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients together.
- Beat in the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Scoop out the the dough (around 1 tbsp each) into a bowl of sugar, before placing them on a the baking tray. Do this one by one.
- Bake for approximately 8-11 minutes. (We did it for 10-11 minutes and still managed to get that amazing chewy texture).
Zoe & Mia