Adapted from TheGalleryGourmet
- 3 medium eggs/2 extra large eggs (room temperature)
- 6tbsp unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups All Purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 extra tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 egg for glazing
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 325 F/160 C.
- Mix together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg one at a time, beating properly each time.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough in half first and transfer the dough to a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Shape them into two 9-inch long and 1 1/2 inch wide log.
- Beat the extra egg for glazing and brush the logs lightly *Make sure the logs are quite far apart as they will spread as it bakes.*
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly brown. The dough may still be slightly soft.
- Meanwhile, mix the cinnamon and sugar together in preparation for the topping.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, before cutting them into 3/4 inch wide diagonal pieces. *remember to maintain the oven temperature.*
- Transfer the biscotti back onto the oven tray, cut side down. Use leftover egg glaze and brush a very thin layer on the top.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar on the biscotti, before returning them back into the oven for 10-20 minutes. (depends on how cooked your biscotti is. The middle should be quite soft.)
Zoe & Mia