Adapted from Annie’sEats
(These were perfect, I didn’t change the amount of sugar – they weren’t not overly sweet, but sweet enough to be enjoyed without guilt, absolutely delicious!)
Ingredients – Makes 12 slices
- 23 Oreo Cookies
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 350g Cream cheese (original : 340g, but it was just easier to measure)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs (or 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk)
- 12 oreo cookies, crushed roughly
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Pulse the oreo cookies in a food processor and add in the butter, OR if your like me and dont’t have one, just plop the cookies in a ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin and beat hard.
- Use your hands and rub in the butter.
- Even out the crust into an 8″ x 8″ square pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave the crust to cool when done and leave the oven on.
- For the cheesecake topping, beat the cream cheese at medium-high for 2 minutes. (don’t over beat it)
- Beat in the sugar. Next blend in vanilla, salt and sour cream.
- Beat in the egg until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped cookies.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust and put in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Once done, let the cheesecake cool for 1 hour at room temperature, then leave in fridge overnight (or at least for 3 hours).