Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1/2 Chinese Cabbage
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Ripe Mango
- Toasted Cashew Nuts (preferably, if not toasted almond flakes. I used glazed pecans but the taste didn’t go too well)
- 4 tbsp neutral oil (canola, vegetable)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chinese light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey/ any sweeteners of choice
- Juice of 1 whole pepper
- 1 Lemongrass stalk, minced
- 1 small chilli, minced (remove seeds)
How to Make:
- Cut the Mango and Red bell pepper into long thin slices (doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Shred the cabbage ( I used scissors). Toss the fruit and the cabbage gently together.
- For the Sauce, add all the ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Allow to simmer over low heat, whilst stirring.
- Once thickened remove from stove to cool.
- Before serving, use a sieve to remove the minced chilli and lemongrass.
- Serve the cabbage mixture with sauce and toasted nuts.