Adapted from KoreanBapsang
Ingredients -Serves 4-5
- 300g Buckwheat Noodles
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Chinese Cabbage
- 3/4 Large carrot, shredded in food processor
- Seaweed, Cut into thin strips
- Boiled Egg (optional) – I forgot about this
Note: You can use whatever vegetables you like – Suggestions: cucumber, perilla leaves, bean sprouts, red cabbage, fresh herbs like mint)
Sauce: (we doubled it for the portion of noodles above)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Korean Red Chilli Pepper Flakes (Gochugaru)
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Orange juice
- 2 tbsp Chinese Light Soy Sauce (3 tbsp kikkoman or Korean soy) Chinese Light Soy is saltier
- 2 tbsp White sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- sesame seeds (optional) – I didn’t have any, so I didn’t put it in
- Pinch of Pepper (optional)
How to Make:
- Cook the noodles according to the package. Remember to immediately run the noodles under cold water for a minute and leave it aside with ice cubes.
- Chop cabbage and bell pepper into thin shreds. Place vegetables onto a place and put kimchi into the center.
- Prepare sauce by mixing all the ingredients together. Adjust according to taste.(When we made 3 portions of this the second time, we added 1 more tbsp white vinegar, orange juice and 2 tbsp sugar).
- Plate up the noodles ( I just used my hands to swirl the noodles). Garnish with seaweed. Serve together.