Adapted from MyBakingAddiction
Ingredients – Makes 12
- 12 tbsp /84g unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 medium eggs (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour (sifted)
- Jar of Strawberry Jam/raspberry jam (any jam that isn’t too liquidy)
- Icing sugar to garnish
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Alternate adding eggs and flour, starting and ending with an egg. Beat well after each addition.
- Add in warm water and vanilla and beat until just mixed.
- Grease 12 cup muffin tray.
- Spoon 2 heaping tbsp of batter into each cup.
- Add 1 tsp of jam into each (do not stir the jam)
- Top with 1 big tbsp of batter. Make sure the jam is covered.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just brown. Leave to cool.
- Garnish with icing sugar. Serve with extra jam if you want.
Zoe & Mia