Recipe from Cookingwithdog Tips:
- Watch the video carefully and follow each step
- Don’t add all 3 eggs in the choux batter (we only used 2 because it really depends on the size). As long as the consistency is reached there is no need to add all the eggs.
- Whisk in the beaten a little at a time so you can control the consistency much better
- Make sure the pastry cream is chilled so that it has a stiff texture (shown in the video) so that it easier to pipe
- Use ice water to cool the pastry cream and for the whipping cream to achieve the needed consistency
- You don’t need a tip, we just cut a hole out of a disposable piping bag
- It is easier to shape the choux if your fingers are slightly damp. Carefully smooth the edges and alter the shape.
- This recipe calls for cake flour and we made our own
Note: 1 cup AP flour, take out 2 tbsp. Replace this with 2 tbsp of cornstarch. Sift 5 times at least to achieve a light texture.
- Keep the Cream Puffs in the fridge so that the pastry cream stays stiffened
Zoe & Mia