Adapted from Jamie Oliver
- 2 boxes of corn kernels, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 small bunches of fresh Coriander, finely chopped (leaves only)
- 1 – 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 small chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
How to Make:
- Mix all the ingredients for the corn salsa together. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Adapted from Goboroot
Ingredients -Serves 6-7 hungry people
- 7 lb Pork Shoulder, Bone-in (we had the butcher slice into chunks so it cooks quicker)
- 1-1/2 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar (approximately, not completely filled)
- 3/4 tbsp paprika
- 1-1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1-1/2 tbsp chilli powder (or less)
- 3/4 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 tbsp black pepper (or less)
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce (Stubbs) – or any type of BBQ sauce that you prefer but a good quality one is highly recommended!
How to Make:
- Mix all the spice together in a small bowl.
- Wash the pork shoulder and pat to dry with kitchen towels.
- Rub the spices into the meat.
- Allow the meat marinate in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Put the pork into a greased roasting tray covered with aluminium foil. Bake for 3 hours or until tender.
- Scoop the meat out from the fatty juices. Use two forks to pull apart the meat.
- Mix in the barbecue sauce (add or less to taste).
- Serve with flour or corn tortillas, salsa, guacamole OR with buns and coleslaw.
Zoe & Mia