Recipe adapted from 2 Peas and their Pod
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup whipping/heavy cream
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
How to Make:
- First melt sugar in a large heavy-absed pot/saucepan over medium heat.
- Make sure all your ingredients is ready and watch the caramel carefully in case it burns
- Begin whisking to ensure even cooking when the sugar begins to melt. It may cause clumping but the heat will melt the clumps.
- Swirl the pan instead of whisking once all the sugar has melted. Immediately add the butter once the sugar has turned a deep amber (350 F if using a thermometer). Be extremely careful. Once the colour starts turning amber it will burn very easily.
- Whisk until mixed over heat.
- Take off heat and add in the cream, mixing until the caramel is smooth.
- Allow the caramel to stand for 10 minutes, before transferring to a mason jar to cool to room temperature.