This cornbread may not look like much, but honestly it is delicious. The cornbread tastes like normal cornbread. YES A FULL-FAT, GLUTEN-FILLED piece of cornbread. I love this stuff. I used to love my carbs and I was totally addicted. Italian pasta was my absolute favorite, but I feel so terribly sick afterwards. There is nothing great about eating things that make you feel so ill.
I really really wanted to make something incredibly delicious. So I settled on making cornbread instead of doing my homework – and the sacrifice was worth it. After a whole hour of mixing, measuring, whisking and a sink full of batter covered spatula, bowls, forks, spoons, cups….a beautiful aroma drifted into the room. I looked around and saw the kitchen table covered in flour, drips of honey, broken egg shells. I honestly felt proud. It was sign of hard work.
One bite into the bread, it was divine. The cornbread was fluffy, soft, dense, perfect like it should be.
I also just found out a couple of our friends are sensitive to gluten too. We packed some of these into small bags as a gifts. We received text hours later thanking us for the delicious bread “which didn’t make my stomach hurt”. It was so amazing to see the joy good food, healthy food can bring to others. (And it doesn’t taste healthy at all)
Adapted from PlatedWithStyle
Ingredients – Makes 8 pieces
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour (120g)
- 3/4 Cup Tapioca Flour (90g)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (or grass-fed butter)
- 1/4 Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup Full-fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Put your 10.25″ skillet into the oven to warm up.
- Mix together the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- Melt coconut oil and add into the dry ingredients.
- Whisk eggs and add into it. Beat until thick and pasty.
- Stir honey into the coconut milk and vinegar.
- Add liquids into the batter and mix into two beatings.
- Grease the skillet pan. Add in the cornbread.
- Decrease oven temperature to 350F. Bake for 22-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Zoe & Mia