Have you ever felt like you just can’t wait till the day is over? Today felt like one of those arduously long days. Without even thinking, I even walked out of my history class wishing my professor and a friend “to have a great weekend”. Zoe gives me this really weird look.
Oh darn it. Its only Wednesday.
You definitely know you’re really in trouble, when this event doesn’t only happen once, but twice.
But after my embarrassing moment, another few hours of studying and a 3 hour chemistry test (which was an almost unbearable ordeal for me), the day finally came to an end.I came home to enjoy this well -deserved meal. I poured myself a warm glass of honey-ginger tea, plated up some spicy-sun-dried tomato-herby pasta and positioned myself right in front of my laptop. It felt amazing to be able to blog, and enjoy a warm meal after a long day. That is my definition of a perfect, relaxing evening.
This dish is so simple to whip up. We used leftover gluten free penne noodles and so the cooking was even faster. This dish was done in 10 minutes. We just pulled whatever we found in the fridge and threw it in. The aroma was incredible. We couldn’t wait for dinner. One bite and we were both looked at each other smiling. We knew it was another successful dish!
Looking for something to wow your family? This is it! Trust me looks can be rather deceiving – it is beyond delicious and complex, in fact it truly is amazing, flavorful and easy.
This is an extremely versatile, easy, foolproof recipe. Well.. there really is no recipe! You can pretty much add anything you want. Just remember to taste, season and flavor!
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 1 cup (250g) GF Penne Pasta (approximately)
- Sun-dried Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes (add 50:50 of each)
- Fresh Basil, torn into large pieces
- 1/4 Onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp drizzle of Honey
- 1-2 chili, deseeded and sliced (optional)
- 1/2 zest of one lemon
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper
- Squeeze of Lemon
How to Make:
- Cook the pasta till al dente (follow the instructions at the back of the package). Make sure your pasta water is salted and boiling before you add the penne in!
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add in a generous amount of garlic and onion. Sauté till you see it beginning to brown and soften (2-3 minutes).
- Add in the chili, pasta, cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Allow the sun-dried tomatoes to soften.
- At this point you can add more garlic if you like.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon rind, lemon zest. Sprinkle in basil and mix.
Vegan: use agave nectar, coconut sugar or any sweetener of choice in place of honey