Looking around the room I surveyed the familiar faces I knew so well. Smiles. Laughter. Chatter. All of a sudden I felt my world had slowed down. It was as if time had paused. I was no longer part of the room, I was simply an invisible observer watching this interaction going on.
In my small little furnished apartment living room, I felt so grateful for the people I knew.
Even though I often say hurtful things, or act annoyed but these people were a part of me. I grinned as my inner most hidden words of affection drifted in my mind. Words I would probably never say, but often felt in my heart.We all have people like that around that mean so much to us. More than the expensive clothes on our rack, or paycheck in the bank or our favorite TV show playing on our computer screens. These living, beating, lively souls were the very heart of my existence.
I may never be the best, loving, grateful, gracious sister, friend, daughter or acquaintance. But I know that somehow I could always try to be better.
I snapped out of my cloudy thoughts and felt a tap on my shoulder. My sister handed me a notebook with a page folded inside.
“From my sister I learnt what love is. From her I learnt what it mean to serve others. From her I learnt patience, humility, strength, handwork, charity and diligent. And most importantly from her I learnt what true beauty is – it comes from the inside. Her inner beauty is what makes her so beautiful to me.” Tears ran down my cheeks, as I quickly and bashfully rubbed it off.
These were the moments I lived for.With that thought in mind, I can’t think of better way than to share this simple, easy recipe. It is one of those easy packed lunches I would always bring. Eggs were always a favorite in the family!
To me, this egg salad represents many moments of field trips and family breakfasts prepared by loving hands. A wonderful and easy meal to express a little love to those around you.
What better way than share a simple meal like this with the one you love?
Ingredients – makes 2 Sandwiches
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tbsp Hummus
- 1.5 tbsp Coconut Yogurt (So delicious)
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black Pepper
How to Make:
- Hard Boiled Eggs: Place eggs into a small saucepan. Add water and fill up until it reaches 1″ above the eggs.
- Bring it to a rolling boil. Turn off the heat and cover. Let it sit for 7-8 minutes. Immediately remove with a slotted spoon into a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Egg Salad: Roughly chop your boiled eggs into small chunks. Mix in the yogurt, hummus, chives and season well.
- Serve immediately on GF multigrain toast with vegetables or choice/plain. It will last up to 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Sprouts + egg salad sandwich
- Sprinkle Smoked Paprika/Chili Flakes
- Add 1-2 tsp of dijon mustard
- Substitute Chives with Dill
- Add diced pickles and celery
Calories: (Depends on the brand of hummus)
Zoe & Mia